Conveniently located to serve Westlake, TX.
The neck lift—also referred to as neck plastic surgery, neck sculpting, or neck contouring—is a cosmetic procedure designed to eliminate wrinkles, loose skin, excess fat, and sagging muscle tissue. Getting a neck lift in Southlake can help you get rid of signs of aging and achieve a more youthful look for five to ten years.
What Is a Neck Lift?
Even the prettiest of faces is bound to lose some of its appeal if it comes with a saggy, flabby turkey neck. This is often a result of several factors, including the aging process, gravity, heredity, extensive weight loss, weight gain, and stress.
A neck lift is equivalent to the lower half of a full facelift. It can involve any combination of liposuction, cervicoplasty, and platysmaplasty. Ultimately, it restores the athletic, youthful contours of the neck, letting you hold your head up high.
A neck lift can also be performed along with other facial-rejuvenation procedures such as eyelid lifting and a facelift.
Ideal Candidates for Neck Lift
If you’re satisfied with the skin on your upper face but want to get rid of some imperfections around your neck, a neck lift may be just for you. You’re a good fit for the procedure if you:
- Are healthy and do not have medical conditions that can impair healing
- Are a non-smoker
- Have a positive outlook and realistic expectations
Your Neck Lift Consultation
During your consultation with Dr. Stone, you’ll discuss your goals and learn about your options. You’ll also talk about important factors such as:
- Your overall health and any medical conditions you have
- Medicines and supplements you take
- Your skin type, ethnic background, and age
- What you can expect from the procedure
- Options for anesthesia
- Possible complications
- Other recommended procedures
What Is a Neck Lift Like?
Your Neck Lift will be performed in Dr. Mona Stone‘s surgery center located in Westlake, TX.
The procedure will start with a combination of local anesthesia and sedation or with general anesthesia. Once it takes effect, incisions are created—typically under the chin and/or behind the ears. Any combination of liposuction, cervicoplasty, and platysmaplasty will then be performed.
Before and Afters
The Recovery Process
After your neck lift is completed, surgical drains may be inserted to eliminate excess fluid from the area—these thin plastic tubes are usually taken out the next day.
Here are some important reminders to take note of during your recovery period:
- Ice packs may be used to reduce bruising and swelling.
- Take 10 to 14 days off work to help your tissues heal.
- Eat softer foods during the first two days.
- Keep your head and neck elevated for at least seven days.
- Refrain from twisting and bending your neck for around 10 days.
- Take any pain-control medication or antibiotics as prescribed.
- Use sunscreen to protect your healing skin from the harsh sun.
Neck Lift Cost
Since a neck lift is a cosmetic procedure, most health insurance companies do not cover its costs. Get the full price details by getting a consultation with Dr. Stone.
Set Up Your Consultation
Dr. Mona Stone can perform your neck lift in Southlake and help you achieve a more contoured and attractive neck. Get in touch today for a consultation and bring back the younger, beautiful you.